Putting furniture together seems to go one of two ways. Either you love putting things together and assembling furniture is therapeutic for you or it’s so stressful that it always seems to lead to an argument or a full-blown fight over what piece goes where and who’s right and who’s wrong.
Regardless of which kind of furniture assembly and disassembly category you fall into, one thing is for sure, taking it apart and putting it back together over and over for every piece of furniture in your house sounds exhausting. Big things like furniture can’t always be left the way they are after all. Sometimes it’s just too big to handle as one piece so you have to break it down. Either it can’t make it through the doorway or you can’t seem to make it fit right in the back of the truck without taking up too much room. Assembly and disassembly of your homes furnishings will most likely be a lot of work that you might not necessarily have time for.
Why You Might Need Assembly and Disassembly Services
We here at Moving & Storage Pros are expert movers. With our kind of expertise comes a lot of experience taking things apart and putting them back together no matter what the occasion.
- Moves – Moving across the street, across town, or across the country will most likely mean packing up a moving truck. Transporting your furniture any distance without having to confront the fear of breaking it will likely require some assembly and disassembly. If you’re looking to move to, from or within the Southern California area the Moving & Storage Pros are here to serve you.
- Downsizes – Assembly and disassembly of your furniture can come up in downsizing too. If your current home is becoming just too much to take care of or the kids have all moved out, you may have to move some things into storage or consider selling or throwing out some pieces. Leave it to us. The Moving & Storage Pros are as much masters of assembly and disassembly services as we are moving and storing.
- Remodels – All homes eventually need some updating. If you’re having work done on your home either to renovate your kitchen, bathroom, or living room you may want to move some furniture out of the way temporarily until the job is finished. Getting everything out of the way before the work crew arrives can be stressful especially when you’re already dealing with having portions of your home out of commission in the meantime. Relieve your stress when it comes to assembly and disassembly of your furniture and call us.
- Redecoration – Other times it’s just time to replace furniture. If it’s getting too old, falling apart, or you’ve just decided it was time to upgrade, you may want to consider assembly and disassembly services to put together a new piece or take apart an old one to put into storage.
Tips & Tricks of the Trade
Attempting the assembly and disassembly of all of your own furniture is a tremendous undertaking. Going this direction entails a lot of careful preparation and planning.
- Be prepared – It’s important to know how much room you have to work with in a new space before the assembly and disassembly begin. Whether you’re purchasing a new piece of furniture for your current home or you’ve bought a new home for your current furniture, taking the time to measure the potential space will let you know ahead of time if you have the room in the first place. Otherwise you might end up spending a ton of time in assembly and disassembly and then find out afterward that there isn’t as much space as you thought there was.
- Acquire Some Extra Tools – While it’s pretty standard for flat pack furniture to come with some tools like allen wrenches, nails, and screws, it would be wise to invest in other things to have around the house that they may they not provide you with like hammers, drills, and screwdrivers. There’s nothing worse than opening and unpacking a box of new furniture to find out that you don’t have the proper equipment to finish the job. Luckily, our pros come equipped with the right tools for any assembly and disassembly job.
- Follow the Instructions – If it’s a new piece of furniture then chances are you’re in luck, furniture usually comes with building instructions. But for everyone else who is attempting to disassemble existing furniture that piece may not have come with instructions or they are long gone by now. If you are one of the lucky ones then you can do yourself a huge favor and follow the instructions provided but if not then consider hiring Moving & Storage Pros to make your assembly and disassembly efforts that much more streamlined.
- Customization Is An Option – If you’re the type of person that likes to think outside the box, keep in mind there are some elements of furniture that are more or less up to your discretion as far as how they look. You can replace provided handles with a style or color that you prefer, reupholster certain sections, replace the feet or wheels, and add holes to dressers or entertainment centers for all of your cables.
- Take Your Time – Don’t forget, the tortoise beat the hare. If you want something done right, taking the time toi do it correctly the first time will inevitably save you time in the long run. Go slow and make sure everything is put together correctly and securely.
Our Moving & Storage Pros team are an assembly of professionals equipped with all of the necessary tools, time, and knowledge required to pack up or move all of your home’s furniture.
Get Help With Your Next Move or Renovation Project
The assembly and disassembly of your home furnishings can be a complicated and tiring process. Planning, organizing, and facilitating the assembly of furniture is a lot of work that you don’t need to concern yourself with especially if you’re in the process of moving or renovating. You have bigger more important things to worry about! That’s why you should leave the monotonous, head-scratching stuff to us. Call us today at 213-267-5585 or fill out a form on our contact page for more information about how we can make your next move or storage project easier for you!